HOW AND WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
It is possible for visitors to use the Site anonymously. However, when you register to use the site e.g. to order products, use services or sign up to a newsletter as our subscriber, we may collect the following Personal Identification Information (PII) in order to provide those services to you:
• Contact information such as your name, phone number, address and email address;
• Billing information such as the number, expiration date, card type and billing address of your debit / credit card;
• Profile data, including your username and password, details about your purchases
We may also collect Non-Personal Identification Information whenever you interact with the Site. This may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about the means of connection to the Site, e.g. operating system, the Internet service providers used and other such similar information.
The Site uses Web browser cookies – small text files that are placed on the users machine to help the Site provide a better user experience. In general, cookies are used to retain user preferences, store information for things like shopping baskets, and provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. The User can disable cookies through their browser, we suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
HOW INFORMATION IS USED
• Process your financial transactions.
• Send you order confirmations.
• Respond to customer service requests, questions and concerns.
• Administer your account.
• Send you requested product or service information.
• Keep you informed about special offers and services of us and selected third parties, (only if you have opted in to our mailing list)
• Administer promotions and sweepstakes you enter and notify you of the results.
• Investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms of Service.
• Meet our research and product/service development needs and to improve our Site, services and offerings; and
• Customise your experience, including targeting our services and offerings to you.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
The PII that you provide in connection with the use of the Site is protected in several ways.
• Access by you to your account profile is available through a password and unique customer ID selected by you. This password is encrypted. You should strive to use a strong, alpha-numeric password which you should not divulge to anyone.
• Your PII resides on secure servers that only our selected personnel have access to via password.
• Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
We strive to protect the PII submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While we take into account the sensitivity of the PII we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology to use these measures to protect your PII, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
HOW LONG YOUR INFORMATION IS KEPT FOR
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, your information is needed to provide you services, or as required to fulfil our legal obligations. If you wish to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services, please contact us. We will respond to your request within 30 days. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We will continue to send email marketing to you until you opt out.
Under the Law, you have the right to:
• Know what personal information of yours we hold, where that information came from and how we are using it;
• Ask us to update, correct or supplement the information we hold about you;
• Ask us to delete your information from our systems;
• Withdraw consent for processing for a specified purpose;
• Ask us to supply the personal information we hold about you in an easily readable electronic format, or transfer that information to a third party nominated by you;
• Make a complaint by contacting us via firstname.lastname@example.org or to the data protection supervisory authority – in the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office, at https://ico.org.uk/.
CHOICE / OPT OUT
We use one or more outside credit card processing companies to bill you for our goods and services. To the best of our knowledge, these companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We may also share PII with certain companies that perform services on our behalf. We only share the PII which is necessary for them to perform those services. We require any company with which we may share PII to protect that data in a manner consistent with this policy and to limit the use of such PII to the performance of services for us.
We do not sell or otherwise provide PII to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website\’s own terms and policies.
ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
19 North Street, Winchcombe, Gloucestershire, GL54 5LH
Telephone: 01242 602999